About our products
About your order
We’ve chosen garments that are:
- ethically sourced
- made of quality materials and workmanship
- flattering on different body types
Here is a deeper dive on the fabrics we offer:
- The Women’s Semi-Fitted and Men’s Straight-Cut Tees are made of a heavier 5.3-ounce jersey cotton. The sturdiness of the fabric is similar to a quality concert shirt from the 80s and 90s. Customers born in the 1970s or earlier tend to prefer this fabric.
- The Women’s V-neck and Unisex Long-sleeve Tees are made of a lightweight 4-ish-ounce ring-spun cotton. This fabric is thinner, drapes beautifully, and is very soft against your skin. Our younger customers tend to like this fabric.
All of our printing and shipping is done out of the Midwest USA, in Iowa and Minnesota. Our fulfillment partner is Teescape.
We offer several brands of shirts. They are manufactured all over the globe, and some of them are partially manufactured in the USA.
- The Gildans (Women’s Semi-fitted and Men’s Straight-Cut) are made in Central America (Honduras, Dominican Republic and Nicaragua) and Bangladesh. )Gildan does make shirts in the USA, but our printing partner no longer stocks them.)
- The Bella+Canvas shirts (Unisex Long-sleeve) are made in the USA and Central America. Learn more about Bella+Canvas’s supply chain.
- District Made shirts (Women’s V-neck) are made globally. They make a strong effort to be transparent and ethical in their supply chain. Each shirt of theirs comes with tracking information which tells you where it came from.
There are also a lot of exciting developments in USA t-shirt manufacturing happening right now, with new companies emerging. We keep up on these changes, in the hopes we can add some of them to our line-up.
If buying an entirely or mostly American-made product is important to you, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We love to hear ideas and have incorporated customer input into several of our design offerings.
As an example: we were on the fence about offering gun control designs, until enough emails put made us realize it was a topic our customers wanted to see us take on. So we added the #ENOUGH and #NEVERAGAIN shirts.
Feel free to email us at email@example.com to chat.
Most of our decisions about additions and changes to our store are based on customer input and feedback. So we really appreciate hearing what types of products you would like to see.
Email us your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org. We genuinely would love to hear from you!
We sincerely think our country — its people and its very continued existence — is in danger right now. Given these circumstances, turning the flag upside down seems entirely appropriate in our view.
You may disagree that current circumstances warrant this type of display. That is your right.
Someday we hope to turn that flag right-side up and start selling apolitical kitty-cat, baking and gardening shirts. We look forward to this more than we can adequately express.
Our shirts are manufactured globally, and designed and printed here in the USA. If you would like to see us offer a line of entirely USA-made shirts, please let us know at email@example.com. If we hear from enough people, we will do this!
You will receive four emails from us throughout the ordering and shipping process (order confirmation, shipping confirmation, out-for-delivery notice and delivered notice). If you haven’t been receiving them, please check your spam folder and make sure they’re not getting stuck.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our fulfillment partner Teescape usually ships our shirts out within 2–4 business days of the order being placed. Very occasionally (less than 2% of the time) a blank shirt will need to be ordered, and those might take an extra day or so. Our shipping usually takes three days, sometimes two, it’s done via USPS First Class and USPS Priority Mail.
First of all, we’re sorry for this hiccup. Here is what we know about the USPS and what we can do:
- USPS mail carriers will sometimes mark a package as delivered before it actually is. In those cases, you will find the package turns up later that same day or the next day, hours after you received notice it was delivered. This is the most common outcome of these situations.
- Sometimes a USPS delivery marked “delivered” is then abandoned for some reason. They will then hold it at the post office. So if the package doesn’t turn up by the next day, we encourage you call your post office and find out if they’re holding it for you.
- Also, if you can check with neighbors, or possibly other members of your household, that might help us track it down.
- We are happy to be a squeaky wheel on your behalf and inquire with your local post office about your shipment, if it doesn’t turn up in the next 24 hours or so after a delivery attempt. Just email us at email@example.com. We will do everything we can to help!
If you haven’t already done so, please check the label to ensure you received the correct size. If you were sent the wrong size, we will replace your shirt.
Similarly, if the shirt label indicates you received the correct size, but it measures more than 1" over or under the measurements we list in our size chart for that garment, we will replace your shirt.
In either case, please accept our apologies for the error. We will work with you to get you a replacement right away. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since our shirts are printed on demand, we unfortunately we cannot accept returns in exchange for another shirt when the wrong size is ordered. Please see our Shipping & Return Policy.
If you did order the wrong size, we would like to offer you a discount code so you can replace the shirt at 50% off, if you wish. If you’d like to do this, just email us at email@example.com.
Just email us a selfie with one of our shirts at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll offer you our eternal gratitude and send you a special 20% off discount code, custom made for you.
“Do NOT send another email that does not have information useful to me. Your apology may help you to feel better but it is a waste of my time.”
And, from the same customer: “If you want a friend, buy a dog” — which is actually excellent advice.